Dear Green-Thumbed Friends:
Remember my promising that there would be garden-themed book giveaways in the near future?
Well, the wait is over!
For this month’s giveaway I’m delighted to offer to one lucky reader a copy of Andrew Keys’s Why Grow That When You Can Grow This?: 255 Extraordinary Alternatives to Everyday Problem Plants (Timber Press, 2012). As is the case with most of my featured giveaways, this book is hot off the press. It’s also a perfect read for this time of year while we dream of spring landscaping.
Many of you may be familiar with Andrew in his role as the the host of the popular Gardening Confidential (“Stories at the intersection of people and plants”) podcast at Fine Gardening magazine. (Some readers may even recall that he and I chatted up
my nemesis Ashe juniper last year on his show.) Andrew is an incredibly talented garden writer/thinker/podcaster, and–having been provided a courtesy copy of the book from his publisher–I can vouch for the fact that this book reflects his signature warm, sensible writing style.
It’s also filled to the brim with bright, colorful photos that will help you envision fresh, workable alternatives for your landscape. Bonus: if you win–or decide to purchase–Andrew’s book, you’ll find a little contribution from me on page 298. Nothing fancy… just a memento from a cross-country family vacation that wound up being a decent example of an alternative to lily of the valley.
Curious to know to which plant I’m alluding?
Ah… then it’s time to talk about giveaway details, now isn’t it?
• The contest deadline is 5:00 PM CST on Friday, December 28, 2012.
• To enter, simply leave a note in the comments section of this post and/or:
- Tweet a link to this post. (Be sure to copy me @redwhiteandgrew so I *see* your tweet!)
- Leave a comment on my Facebook page.
- Repin this pin over on Pinterest and keep the hashtags: #redwhiteandgrew #giveaway.
Each of the above actions by you counts as a separate entry. That’s right, you can register up to FOUR times for this contest.
• The winner must be a resident of the continental U.S. (Sorry, Canadian and Australian friends!)
• I’ll announce the winner in an update to this post and on my Facebook page during the first week of January The winner will be selected by a random drawing.