UPDATE: Congrats to readery Pam Eagler Ferry for winning this bolsita! Look for another giveaway beginning on December 19, 2011.
This is my friend Susana Canseco of Rancho Ojo de Agua, which sells natural, grass-fed beef. I ran into her at GreenFest 2011 in Leon Springs, and we chatted up her work at the ranch which has been in her family for 6 generations.
It seems that Susana’s family has begun to sell bolsas and bolsitas made from recycled feed bags used on the ranch. Brilliant, eh?!?! I mean, talk about sustainable fashion. And now they’re even accepting feed bags from other folks to use in these creations.
I told Susana that the bolsas sounded perfect for RW&G fans–a discerning and eco-savvy group–and suggested that maybe we should try a giveaway in December.
Luckily, Susana agreed. I couldn’t be happier. If I’m going to take the time to coordinate a giveaway–and give access to my carefully cultivated social media feeds, then I’d prefer to do it in support of an independent, family-owned business like Rancho Ojo de Agua.
Together Susana and I selected the bag with the horse. Another shot of it:
So, here’s the deal:
• The contest deadline is 5:00 PM on Friday, December 9, 2011.
• To enter: After you leave a “howdy” note here in the comments, head on over to the Rancho Ojo de Agua Facebook page and hit the “LIKE” button. Then leave a note on the ranch’s Facebook page telling Susana that Pamela from RedWhiteandGrew.com sent you.
• The winner must be a resident of the continental U.S.
• Susana will select a winner at random and announce the winner’s name during the week of December 12th on her Facebook page. (I’ll make a note here, too.) Susana will get the winner’s snail mail address and ship the bag on its way.
That’s it… get to registering, y’all!!
• There are a few recipes–including Texas Chicken Fried Steak–featuring Rancho Ojo de Agua beef on Susana’s family website. Sound good? Here’s a link.