Updated 12/26/11: We have a winner! Christina of ChristinaPilkington.com was selected at random. Thanks everyone for the entries, and be on the lookout for a garden book giveaway in early 2012! – Pamela
This is the second 2011 holiday giveaway here at Red, White & Grew, and I couldn’t be more honored to share this opportunity with my readers!
Lisa Kivirist and John Ivanko wrote Farmstead Chef, which came out in October from New Society Publishers. As soon as my courtesy review copy arrived, I tore into it. And let me tell you that I was delighted with what I discovered inside.
The book’s authors, innkeepers at Wisconsin’s award-winning, eco-savvy Inn Serendipity, have created what may be best be described as a heart-warming cookbook.
Farmstead Chef is a rich collection of stories and recipes connected not just to the land but also to the American kitchen garden. There’s a special section on Victory Gardens with remarks from my favorite scholar, Dr. Rose Hayden-Smith. In fact, I actually met Lisa “virtually” through Rose, so it’s nice to bring a story full circle this holiday season.
The timing of this giveaway could not be better. Working with the recipes, information from your local extension service agent on what grows well where you live, and armed with the seed catalogs that will soon hit mailboxes, you can create 2012 meals that are truly “from scratch.”
Later today I’ll be sharing at RW&G with you the pair’s peppermint biscotti recipe, but for now let’s keep our eye on the prize (a copy of Farmstead Chef!), shall we?
• The contest deadline is 5:00 PM on Friday, December 23, 2011.
• To enter, leave a brief note in the comments section of this post. You can also:
- Tweet a link to this post (just copy me @redwhiteandgrew so I *see* your tweet!)
- Leave a comment on my Facebook page.
Each of the above actions by you counts as a separate entry. That’s right, you can register up to three times for this contest.
• The winner must be a resident of the continental U.S. (Sorry, Canadian and Australian friends!)
• I’ll announce the winner here and on my Facebook page during the week of December 26. The winner will be selected by a random drawing.
Best of luck!
• Can’t wait for the giveaway? Need a last minute gift? Here’s where and how to purchase the book.