From the publisher’s website, here’s the scoop on the book:
The prospect of homeschooling gifted and advanced learners isn’t daunting anymore! Homeschooling Gifted and Advanced Learners gives parents all of the support and confidence they need to bring their children home to a school that meets every one of their academic, emotional, and social needs.
Written by a veteran homeschooler, this book clearly and concisely teaches parents how to homeschool their advanced learners, focusing on special considerations that often go along with gifted children such as providing challenging curriculum, offering outlets for artistic and creative talents, accelerating students into college courses early, and finding them true intellectual peers. Homeschooling Gifted and Advanced Learners covers everything from curriculum choices and learning styles, to integrating technology and online courses, to finding social support for both children and parents. From making the decision to homeschool to planning for the transition to college, the answers parents of gifted homeschooled students need to help their children succeed are in this book!
Now for the skinny on the giveaway!
• The contest deadline is 5:00 PM on Friday, June 29, 2012.
• To enter, simply leave a note in the comments section of this post and/or:
- Tweet a link to this post (just copy me @redwhiteandgrew so I *see* your tweet!)
- Leave a comment on my Facebook page.
- Repin the giveaway pin on Pinterest. You’ll find it on this pin board later today. [Update: Here’s the pin.]
Each of the above actions by you counts as a separate entry. That’s right, you can register up to FOUR times for this contest.
• The winner must be a resident of the continental U.S. (Sorry, Canadian and Australian friends!)
• I’ll announce the winner in an update to this post and on my Facebook page during the week of July 2. The winner will be selected by a random drawing.
• Can’t wait. You can always go order a copy.
• Oh, and you can also check out author Cindy West’s blog, Our Journey Westward.