Remember the Hill Country peaches that I mentioned in May?
Well, my friend Steve at Habanero’s Grill in San Antonio developed some summer salsa recipes a few weeks back, and I shared them in the local paper. Here’s another shot:
These salsas were so good that I’m going to share them with y’all, too.
This, by the way, is Steve. (Everybody wave!)
And here are Steve’s recipes:
Spicy Peach Salsa
- 2 cups fresh Fredericksburg peaches, diced 1/2 inch with skin on
- 1/3 bunch cilantro chopped coarsely
- 1 fresh lime 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 fresh Habanero peppers chopped very fine (optional or use less to taste)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
Dice peaches, onion, peppers and cilantro and mix well.
Add cumin, white pepper and salt and mix again
Squeeze lime juice over salsa and mix in well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Sweet and Spicy Peach Salsa
- 2 cups fresh Fredericksburg peaches diced 1/2″ with skin on
- 2 fresh limes
- 1 small jalapeno diced (remove seeds to be less spicy)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 fresh avocado diced 1/2″
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients (except limes) and then squeeze juice from limes into salsa. Stir well and refrigerate.
• More recipes can be found HERE.
All images copyright Pamela Price. Recipes copyright Steve Kraft.