This month’s featured book giveaway is for the homeschoolers.
No, scratch that.
Making the Choice: When Typical School Doesn’t Fit Your Atypical Child came along after we had made the decision to homeschool. Yet I ordered it as soon as it came out.
Because I’m a big fan (and financial supporter of) Gifted Homeschooler’s Forum and find their website and social media (Facebook • Twitter • Pinterest • Google+) feeds to be tremendous resources to me as a homeschooling parent. I enjoyed the book so much that I recommend it regularly to friends and participants with gifted kids who participate in my Homeschool 101 workshops.
One of the co-authors of the book, Corin Barsily Goodwin, founded the non-profit. She and her co-author, Mika Gustavson, have answered some questions about the book, which I will share with you later in the month. They’ve also generously agreed to providing a book excerpt here, too. (Looking for a great review? Go to Tulsa Book Review.)
On top of that I’ve got a couple of bloggers who write about homeschooling gifted and/or 2E kids who will pop in this month while I work on my own homeschool book. See, GHF launched a press arm earlier this year (GHF Press), and as I’ve shared before, my own forthcoming book will be published by them.
Now, on with the details on how you can win a copy of the book!!
• The contest deadline is 5:00 PM EST on Wednesday, October 31, 2012. (That’s right… Halloween!)
• To enter, simply leave a note in the comments section of this post and/or:
- Tweet a link to this post. (Be sure to copy me @redwhiteandgrew so I *see* your tweet!)
- Leave a comment on my Facebook page.
- Pin this post on Pinterest and use the #rwggiveaway hashtag in your description so that I can “see” you.
Each of the above actions by you counts as a separate entry. That’s right, you can register up to FOUR times for this contest.
• The winner must be a resident of the continental U.S. (Sorry, Canadian and Australian friends!)
• I’ll announce the winner in an update to this post and on my Facebook page during the first week of November. The winner will be selected by a random drawing.
New from RW&G on Facebook: Work + Life + Homeschool