First, thanks to everyone who registered for last month’s giveaway. I’ve contacted the winner via her Facebook account, but have yet to hear back from her. (Check your FB [and your email!], Kaye, and please respond before today at 5PM!)
Second, this month’s book giveaway also has a “how to transition from school to homeschool” theme. (Don’t worry, garden friends, I haven’t forgotten you. You will love, love, love the December book.)
The November giveaway is a new title– From School to Homeschool by Suki Wessling.
Per the publisher’s website:
Sometimes school just doesn’t work and homeschooling is the answer—particularly for gifted children. From School to Homeschool guides parents through the process of considering homeschool options and educational alternatives. The book is filled with practical information and loaded with resources that will get parents off to a good start as they begin their homeschooling journey with their children.
Suki’s bio, also from the Great Potential Press website:
Suki Wessling—a writer, web designer, graphic artist, and small business owner—discovered the necessity for homeschooling within her own family, and now, based on her personal and homeschool experiences, she offers parent education seminars and also teaches small groups of homeschooled students in subjects including literature, writing, and software. Suki currently writes magazine articles, blog pieces, and children’s books, including a chapter book about a homeschooling family.
Now for the fun part… how you can register to win a copy of Suki’s book!
• The contest deadline is 5:00 PM CST on Friday, November 30, 2012.
• To enter, simply leave a note in the comments section of this post and/or:
- Tweet a link to this post. (Be sure to copy me @redwhiteandgrew so I *see* your tweet!)
- Leave a comment on my Facebook page.
Each of the above actions by you counts as a separate entry. That’s right, you can register up to THREE times for this contest.
• The winner must be a resident of the continental U.S. (Sorry, Canadian and Australian friends!)
• I’ll announce the winner in an update to this post and on my Facebook page during the first week of December. The winner will be selected by a random drawing.
New from RW&G for homeschoolers: Work + Life + Homeschool